Friday, September 26, 2008

cholesterol!

I have been crazy busy with work, but still have gotten in good workouts this week. The weight on the scale hasn't budged, but usually the way it seems to work for me is that I will lose a bunch all at once, so I am not discouraged yet. Today the subject is a bit different, though... my cholesterol was crazy high when it was tested this summer. I tried to make excuses for myself, like I had just had a baby 3 months before, so that made it high, or that I was nursing. But at the end of the day, the real reason why it is so high is because I eat crap. I have tried cutting out high high fat dairy, most meat, but it is hard to not eat that all the time. Especially when I have a husband that eats that stuff regularly. I have been trying to eat psyllium husk before every meal as well as getting more flax seed into my diet. But I don't know if this is going to lower it enough to get my doc to stop talking about medicine. I am due for another test again in couple weeks and I am terrified that my cholesterol will be even higher and I will have to stop nursing to go on lipitor or another statin. So sad. My little one loves nursing and I know the health benefits to her are so great. It just makes me sad that I did this to myself by not maintaining a healthy weight and eating junk so my cholesterol is so high.

No comments: