Saturday, October 4, 2008

okay this week...

So, things went pretty well this week! Overall, I managed to workout almost every day, and today was my day off. I have been following the "couch to 5k" program for running on beginnertriathlete.com - it has been going pretty well. I just need to get in control of my diet. Today, I had some small victories- there were several times when I thought to myself- is it worth it to work out as hard as I do (even if it is just 30-45 minutes a day, it is time I am taking away from my husband and kids!), if I am going to just eat crap and stay at the status quo. I am definitely going to do the triathlon in my parent's 'hood next summer. I did my first swim workout last week, and have another scheduled this week. My goal with swimming is just to work on getting in as many consecute laps as I can and working on form. I am not too bad for an untrained swimmer- I feel comfortable in the water, so that is definitely on my side. I also feel good as a runner- just need to lose some weight so that my knees and ankles aren't getting killed. Overall, happy with how this week went, just need to get on track with the diet. I need to plan my meals better, and have more food available. It is just really hard to find time to plan meals and go to the grocery store- but I know if I can just get 3-4 recipes going that work well for us, find a few snacks that work for me, and I can get on track. I saw a couple recipes that looked super good on the biggest loser last week, so maybe I can find those!

No comments: